2006 NaNo... untitled just yet

A girl in the present uncovers the life of a girl in the past, and finds far more in common than she could ever have imagined...

Monday, November 06, 2006

notes

I think I'm getting a better handle on where things are going now, I've been hitting nice spurts in the writing tonight. I'm just trying to sketch out her world right now, and show where she's been, who's around her, what her life is like.. and, really, what's said at a lunch table pretty well sums up a group of people.

Also, I have gotten mad suggestions on music from people on last.fm, and Megs has sent me like.. dude idek, she's sent me like fifty mp3s to listen to, Killers and Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance and it is fantastic. She has given me nearly my entire soundtrack. :)

I've kept my ears and eyes open the past few weeks, picking up gossip from the high school kids I work with, and, uh, stalking around livejournal kind of a lot... Doesn't seem like the kids at the high schoolers out here, where my story's probably set, use lj a whole lot, but there again lj's generally got an older user base, like my age and older. The high school set uses myspace, which, really, I refuse to do. I may yet nose around there sometime for some research, but, I'm getting enough off the ljs from kids at the high school *I* went to, including a pretty big altercation in the cafeteria recently, which I questioned Mel on and am probably going to alter and use. hee.

Which brings me to the point I wanted to make - my apologies in advance, but I am raping my memory for things to use in this story. Already, there's all sorts of snippets from my own childhood, from people I know (or know of), situations and personalities I've had around me at some point or another. (I'm still sorry about those love notes...) But I think they're scattered and random enough that it's not even an issue, it's mostly just bits of things that happened in school. Why make up what you already know? Also, names are not generally meant to reflect aaaanyone at all, I'm just ganking what names come to mind, so if you see yours and it's a less-than-nice character's name, that has absolutely NO bearing on my opinion of you. ^^; (There is one exception, but his character hasn't even talked yet, though I have plans for him later.. and that's someone who'll never read this, but whom I'll always miss. This isn't the first time I've used his name in something, and I doubt it'll be the last.. my way of keeping his memory alive, I suppose. Miss you still, Jay.)

Also, yes, I didn't post anything yesterday. I didn't write more than like two sentances yesterday. ^^;; It was just one of those nights, I was drained and wasn't getting anywhere, and just lay down in bed early and listened to some more of "Fellowship of the Ring". (Never really did the audio book thing before, but Tom does often, and it's actually very nice when you want to just relax and rest your eyes awhile, so I've borrowed some of his.) But, I have tomorrow off, and I very much intend to make up for all my slacking - already, I think I'm alllmost back to where I should have been at the beginning of today, uh.. ... ..hmm. So here's hoping I get an awesome idea somehow tomorrow, I really shouldn't stay up too much later, I'm freaking beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home