2006 NaNo... untitled just yet

A girl in the present uncovers the life of a girl in the past, and finds far more in common than she could ever have imagined...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

-: Part 6 :-

     "C'mon, I'm not that easy, I'm not fucking Jackie. Anyway, so nothing really big happened, but, he seemed pretty reluctant to take me back home, he kept thinking of places we should go drive around or whatever, and we didn't pull into my driveway until after ten, Dad was pretty pissed when I came in but like I really care, y'know? But we sat in his car in the driveway for a few minutes, just talking a little, and there was so tension in the air, like he wanted to do something but wasn't sure if he should, so I moved over just a little bit, and let my hand brush against his, and he gave me this look like, oh God I went all limp and tingly, y'know? And we sat there a minute, just staring at each other, I almost completely lost my composure but I still kept a teasing little flirty look in my eyes, y'know, and after a minute he grinned and leaned over, and kissed the corner of my lips, and ran one of his hands over my hair (I'd let it down sometime that night, guys always like seeing a girl's hair down when it isn't usually, and anyway it looks sexier), and his hand went almost down to my boobs, but he stopped himself. And then he was like, "had a good time tonight", and I said I did too, and he asked if I'd go out with him again sometime, I was good company, and I said sure, to just give me a call. So then I got out of the car, slowly, of course, lingering a little, still looking at him, and I looked over my shoulder at him just before I went in the door of the house, gave a little wave, and he didn't pull out 'til I was inside. Then Dad bitched at me a little but whatever, like I really cared then, right? It was a pretty good night," she finishes, her eyes sparkling and an almost smirking smile on her face.
     "Are you sure that's all that happened?" Carrie asks suspiciously.
     "I'm sure!"
     "Reeeaally."
     "Uh-huh! Really, though, I think he really started feeling comfortable with me and shit, like we really talked a lot, and about what was going on in his life and stuff, and it really felt like he kinda wanted to go farther, but we were already in my driveway and had school today, and anyway he was already driving around past nine o'clock, not that anyone really pays attention to that rule anyway, like who's really been caught for it? But I guarentee he's going to call me again soon, and it'll probably be a weekend, when we can have more time." She winks, and everyone giggles softly, all thinking the same thing.
     "Hey! What're you girls plotting today, huh?"
     "Hey Brian!"
     "Hi Brian!"
     "Why are you always so suspicious of us?"
     "Why shouldn't I be? You're always all giggling and talking close together and shit, makes a guy worry a little."
     "You think we're talking about you?"
     "Of course! Why wouldn't you be, I'm the hottest thing around, you should be talking about me! Who else is there to talk about?"
     We all laugh, rolling our eyes or shaking our heads. "You're such a jerk, Brian." "What lets you have such a huge ego?" "Yeah really, what mirror are you looking in?"
     "Well fine!" he retorts, biting back a laugh himself. "I'll just move on to somewhere I'm more appreciated. Your loss! ---Hey there, ladies!" he calls to the next table over, turning his attention to Nikki and everyone over there (who we're friends with as well, of course, just there are more of the volleyball girls there and more of the soccer girls here).
     "BRIIIIIIAN! You know we love youuuuu!" Carrie cries cheerfully, blowing him a kiss.
     He looks back over his shoulder and winks at her. "Of course you do! I know that."
     Carrie grins sweetly, and goes back to eating her sandwich - looks like hummus again, she's trying to cut some meat out of her diet, and peanut butter has way too much fat. "He's such a cutie. I couldn't ever go out with him, but he's so cute."
     "Oh I know, he's not really dating material but he's so much fun to hang out with."

     We finish our lunches, Carrie gets her ice cream (a vanilla Dixie cup), we chat a little more, and head off to our afternoon classes. I stop at my locker, grab my books for the afternoon, and walk with Kimmy to history. On the way, she tells me some story about how Carrie got caught making out with some guy, I forget who, I think he was a ninth-grader anyway, during class the other day. Apparently they both snuck out of a study hall or something, and were making out in a corner somewhere, and one of the assistant principals happened to walk by and totally ripped them out for it, made them sit in his office while he lectured them about appropriate behavior for school hours and shit. Not that it's the making-out that bothers Kimmy - it's who Carrie was making out with, some completely random guy, though I seem to remember Carrie talking about some younger kid the other day, I forget how she met him but she said he was pretty cool. Kimmy's pretty set on older guys, though, she's pretty adamant that all the ones our age (and God forbid, younger) are so ridiculously immature... which's usually true, but still, there can always be exceptions, I think. And really, Craig's hardly a year older than she is.
     The rest of the day goes by pretty uneventful - we get yelled at once in history for whispering back and forth (we sit next to each other), after class Kimmy walked with Craig to their next classes, and by the end of the day, I found out he'd asked her to a movie Friday night. So much for Dan - but I'd seen this coming, it's Craig that Kimmy really has her eye on, it's been that way for like a year now. Anyway, she's staying after for soccer practice, so I'm on my own for the bus ride home. Brian's about the only other person I could talk to, but he's usually too busy flirting with all the slutty little ninth-graders, who'll do about anything to get the attention of an older guy, especially one as good-looking as Brian. But I'd rather have a few minutes to myself anyway, the bus ride is usually a good way for me to wind down after the school day, and just zone out for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home